<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9393200\x26blogName\x3dRecord+My+Mind:+Banal+Records+of+a+Pe...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6532355751631192781', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Record My Mind: Banal Records of a Pedestrian Life

Suffering and evil overwhelm me and I stew in my own juice. 

Sunday, December 26, 2004

12/26/2004 01:15:00 pm - Here in Amsterdam


I have arrived safely in Amsterdam as scheduled. It's not as cold as I expected. Stuff is really expensive here, one can of Redbull costs 2.50 euros. A bottle of water costs the same. If I keep converting back to SGD, I'll never buy anything here.

I also managed to get in touch with some people I met in Amsterdam in 2000. I hope to meet both of them next week. Im looking forward to meeting Brigitte, the last Dutch person I saw before I left Amsterdam in 2000. I still remember the cafe we went to before I left Holland.


It's a strange experience remembering certain experiences that have been buried deep in my mind since four years ago. To relive certain sensations for the second time in your life is really weird, especially when those sensations were so vivid the first time but have faded due to time. It's scary how little of my life I remember, especially those moments that I have experienced most vividly and intensely. I recalled walking and cycling routes and how on the first day of my arrival, I helped a Korean girl lug her luggage for almost an hour to where I lived.

I hope this holiday will turn out well. I enjoy taking a break from the worries, stress and routine of life and work in Singapore. It's great to be with my best friends and clear my mind in a foreign place. We are staying in a very nice (and expensive) place in Nieumarkt, a very central and convenient location. The history of the apartment goes back to 1619. It used to be a place where sailing ropes were made.

Final random things that I wanted to record but had no time to:

Anyway, I doubt I'll have time to update this blog till I get back. But I'll try.


Blogger C. said...

hello,
glad to hear you are safe in Amsterdam. Looking forward to hear what story you have.

There's a massive earthquake which left a lot of people killed. Did you read it in the news. sad man..  


Post a Comment

© Boon 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates