<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9393200\x26blogName\x3dRecord+My+Mind:+Banal+Records+of+a+Pe...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6532355751631192781', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Record My Mind: Banal Records of a Pedestrian Life

Suffering and evil overwhelm me and I stew in my own juice. 

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

12/21/2004 11:45:00 pm - Papadams from Amsterdam


I'm so excited! I'm going to Amsterdam. Listening to the yearning rock ballads from the album Soundshake by the Thai rock band Clash (I don't understand Thai but they sound like ballads of yearning) and reading an email from my best friend really sets the mood.

I was finding it such a drag to frantically run errands, schedule appointments and plan for the trip that any feelings of excitement have been muted, until now.

Although I'm not travelling to Indonesia and won't be staying at the Hilton, paranoid me thinks it's a bad time to travel since this is the best period for terrorists to make a high profile attack. I expect security to be tight at the airports.

In any case, I'm going to blog down the itinerary of my flight and that of my best friend's:

I depart from Singapore at 9:20 pm on Thursday, 23 Dec 04 on MH610 to Kuala Lumpur. From KL, I take MH 16 and arrive in Amsterdam at 5:55 am.

Best friend and wife depart San Francisco at at 3:40 pm on Thursday, 23 Dec 04 on Northwest/KLM flight NW8606/ KL606. They will arrive in Amsterdam on 24 Dec 04 at 11:15am.
We will be staying in Nieumarkt.

It's been four years since I last visited Amsterdam. The last time, I didn't get to spend New Year's there. This time I look forward to losing my senses at a New Year party. Although I'm not looking forward to freezing my balls off.

I just found my Amsterdam contact list and was supposed to email the people I met four years ago but this stupid blogging business took time from all that. I'll have to do it tomorrow and try my luck and see whether anyone I met four years ago is still in Amsterdam, still remembers me and wants to catch up. An aside: Surprisingly, I remembered most of the faces behind the names, emails and phone numbers written on scraps of paper and beer coasters and the circumstances which contact information was exchanged.

And while trying to find some people I really want to contact (like a really cute Japanese-Dutch girl called Sonoko and a cool Italian guy called Giacomo), I came upon so many old letters addressed to me and got reminded of so much past foolishness. But more of that another time.

Oh yes, the title of this post came from a reply by Chris when I asked whether I could get him anything from Amsterdam. Thanks for lending me the winter clothes and luggage, Chris!


Post a Comment

© Boon 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates