<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9393200\x26blogName\x3dRecord+My+Mind:+Banal+Records+of+a+Pe...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6532355751631192781', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Record My Mind: Banal Records of a Pedestrian Life

Suffering and evil overwhelm me and I stew in my own juice. 

Friday, December 17, 2004

12/17/2004 10:30:00 am - Too fast


Life passes by too quickly for me to blog. And I find myself constantly backdating all my entries. But let me try nonetheless to make current records of my life and mind.

I just wrote and sent some thank you cards after buying some gifts last night. I always find shopping and sending such cards a chore. And I always feel that I don't devote enough time to doing these things. Still, I'm always glad that I got them over and done with. Sometimes, I need an occasion to push a lazy person like me to thank people for all the good things they've done for me.

A big thank you to J who helped me (after beer and dinner) with choosing the gifts and suggesting people whom I can borrow winter clothes from for my trip to Amsterdam. She's such a big boon to me when it comes to stuff like this. She offered small but materially important suggestions while I was frantically running errands.

After the shopping, we headed to my place for more alcohol and chit-chat. I still feel the heady effects of the wine from last night and woke up feeling great. It's amazing what alcohol does to me. My friend says it's the sugar and carbo. Maybe I'll post pictures of last night later.

Back to last night: J saw me in a state that I rarely experience and that few have seen (this is misleading and it's not what you think). I read her well and she confessed her secrets to me knowing that I would not form moral judgements based on prejudice, bias or close-mindedness. Sigh, I'm the keeper of secrets for my friends.

I really hope that J takes my advice not to destroy the good things in her life and to contain her venom. I really enjoy hanging out with her.

Random Attention-Deficit-Disorder (ADD) comment: I found out out that G was back. Been trying to call her for months to see whether she has returned to Singapore and finally got her during dinner last night with J. I strongly feel that we have unfinished business, karma to burn that we should have burnt a long time ago. I want to finish the unfinished stuff once and for all so that we can get on with each other's lives.



Post a Comment

© Boon 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates