<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9393200\x26blogName\x3dRecord+My+Mind:+Banal+Records+of+a+Pe...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6532355751631192781', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Record My Mind: Banal Records of a Pedestrian Life

Suffering and evil overwhelm me and I stew in my own juice. 

Sunday, January 09, 2005

1/09/2005 11:45:00 pm - Home


I got home safely but only after a nett delay of 3 hours and 40 minutes. The plane was scheduled to take off on 8 Jan 05 at 12 p.m. from Amsterdam. But it only took off at 6 p.m. and only after we were made to stay in the plane till 2 p.m. Engine number 3 of our Malaysian Airline (MAS) plane could not start due to a problem in the starter.

We landed in K.L. on 09 Jan 05 at 12 p.m. and missed our connecting flight to Singapore, which was scheduled to be at 12 p.m. We could not get on the 1:30 pm flight and had to take the 3:40 p.m. flight. Everyone was exhausted and complaining about how it was a pain to travel on MAS (Mana Ada System?). Feeling in need of some relief from the pain of the whole delay business, I broke my fast and took a couple of cigarettes from Jane.

We had an expensive lunch at K.L. International Airport's Rimba Cafe (Everyone was cracking up at the name of the cafe), which had a jungle design concept. The food was terrible. I ordered Mee Goreng because I was looking forward to eating Asian style noodles and short of Wanton Mee or Prawn noodles, Mee Goreng was the next best alternative.

We finally got on the plane to K.L. pretty much as scheduled except for a slight delay. What's new? I guess you get what you pay for; MAS offered the cheapest flight from Singapore to Amsterdam. Also, the plane was playing Christmas jingles! How bizzarre!

Nonetheless, Jaclyn and I were damn excited and ready to kiss Singapore ground when we landed. I've never been happier at seeing a Singapore Government official as when I saw the smiling immigration officer at Changi Airport.

After a short scare that all our baggage would not arrive, all of us, except for poor Jaclyn, got our baggage. I shared a cab home with Jaclyn and on the way home, dealt with errands and made some calls.

I unpacked and had dinner with Joey at Newton Hawker Centre. The barbequed chicken wings felt like the best thing I had tasted in weeks and I got some prawn noodles because of a frustrated craving for noodles earlier in the day.

I was so tired there I felt high and dizzy. It's been a long exhausting day, after having been at airports and planes for more than 24 hours.

I still have so many errands to run. The most crucial errands are the most time-consuming and complex ones. I have to meet CC's contractor to ask for his professional advice in dealing with a sunken patch of ground due to construction works next door; bring Blackie to the vet; and find a missing cheque book. But that's work for tomorrow.

When I find the time, I'll also be updating (backdating actually) some "new" posts and editing the Amsterdam posts.




Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20150615
michael kors
ray ban sunglass
burberry outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
coach purses
coach outlet
michael kors outlet online sale
cheap jerseys
coach factorty outlet
chanel outlet
kids lebron james shoes
nike air max
fendi handbags
fitflops clearance
michael kors outlet
coach factorty outlet
chi flat iron
kate spade
abercrombie kids
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
pandora charms
oakley sunglasses
cheap jordans
cheap jordans
polo outlet
louis vuitton handbags
pandora rings
kobe bryant shoes
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet online
michael kors
tory burch handbags
jordan concords
michael kors outlet online
pandora bracelets
oakley sunglasses
christian louboutin sale
polo outlet
timberland boots
 


Post a Comment

© Boon 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates