<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9393200\x26blogName\x3dRecord+My+Mind:+Banal+Records+of+a+Pe...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6532355751631192781', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Record My Mind: Banal Records of a Pedestrian Life

Suffering and evil overwhelm me and I stew in my own juice. 

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

1/11/2005 04:30:00 am - Sleepless


I can't sleep. Too much mental chatter. Might as well record down what happened today.


I blogged an entry at 1:25 a.m. yesterday after a conversation with Chris. However, due to some cock-up, I must have deleted the post. Will re-post when I have the time.

I met FF at 3 plus in the morning yesterday and slept only at 7 the same morning. I must have been awake for about 48 hours at that point. I'm amazed at how much energy I can have at times. When I met up with Andre and Jane briefly last evening, I found out that they both slept 16 hours. Unfortunately, FF and I did not have a good sleep, our sleep was constantly interrupted by phone calls.

I left FF's place in the afternoon at about 4:15 p.m. yesterday and picked up Naughty Desmond (who accidentally sent me an sms meant for his girlfriend. The sms read "Dear dear I'm going Eric's house to print something. Okie." This is hilarious because it's so incongruous: a guy tattooed like a Yakuza member asking for permission from the girlfriend to come to my place to print stuff.) in a cab and went back to my place. I spoke to the contractor next door about a small of piece of land that has sunk due to construction work next door. I have demanded a written assurance from the construction company doing demolition, piling, excavation, building and renovation works next door to undertake to repair all damages to CC's compound. The contractor, Lam, has agreed to repair the fence, the corrugated shed and rectify the sunken plot of land.

At 6:30 p.m., I brought Blackie to the vet. I was supposed to bring her to the vet this afternoon at 2:40 p.m. but could not due to the rain. She looks miserable and has not gotten any better since I left. She has lost a lot of weight and weighs only 10.5 kg now compared to 15 kg in July and 12.5 kg a month ago. The vet, Dr Goh, shook his head and said that Blackie has not much weight left to lose further. Dr Goh suspects that Blackie may have cancer. It is clear that something is seriously wrong with Blackie but what exactly can't be ascertained yet. I asked whether Blackie looked so down due to a lack of attention. Dr Goh replied that the symptoms shown by Blackie have a physical and not psychological basis, something is physically wrong with Blackie. Dr Goh said Blackie may not survive more than a month.

I'm taking Blackie for a scan at Mt Pleasant at 7:30 a.m., about 3 hours from now. I'm dropping her off in the morning before heading to work. Desmond will help me to pick her up in the afternoon. Dr Boon will let me know the results of the scan in the afternoon.

Depending on the results, a biopsy may also be necessary. This involves surgery and anaesthesia, which both carry risks to Blackie; and Blackie, in her present state, is not in the best condition to deal with such risks. If the vet determines cancer is the problem, chemotherapy may be an option if the cancer is in its early and not advanced stage and is treatable. But he mentioned that we should know why we want to prolong Blackie's life. They usually recommend putting down the pet when it suffers a terminal and painful condition. However, being the custodian of Blackie, this is a decision that only CC can take when it comes to the crunch.

Other random comments:
I didn't eat until 8:30 pm, my last meal was at 7 in the morning: cup noodles at FF's place before going to bed.

And I've been smoking far too much these two days. From no cigarettes to a lot of cigarrettes. I must be feeling damn sian with life.

I'm not looking forward to starting my first day at a new place all tired out.

During beer with Naughty Desmond at Farrer Road last night, he mentioned something damn funny that I've heard only for the first time: I'm protected under the Boh Bian Act.

FF said I lost weight and told me not to lose or gain any more weight.


Blogger C. said...

Now my curiosity for this FF person has just increased. Who is she? Your new gf? *wink*
Dun shy la, if you are attached you gotta let me know right.

=)  


Blogger Boon said...

No, she's not my gf. We both have no intention to get hitched to each other.  


Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20150615
abercrombie & fitch new york
michael kors
air jordans
coach outlet store online
burberry handbags
insanity dvd
abercrombie and fitch
ray ban sunglasses outlet
louis vuitton handbags
kate spade bags
gucci handbags
ralph lauren
timberlands
michael kors handbags
abercrombie and fitch
coach outlet
ralph lauren sale
louis vuitton outlet
retro 11
oakley sunglasses
burberry bags
abercrombie and fitch
true religion
ralph lauren outlet
fitflops clearance
jordan retro 11
louis vuitton
hollister kids
michael kors handbags
christian louboutin sale
coach outlet
chanel outlet online
burberry outlet
coach factory online
michael kors
marc jacobs outlet
coach factory outlet
pandora uk
michael kors
hollister clothing
 


Blogger Nike Free said...

Kobe Shoes
www.2016nikeairhuaraches.com
christian louboutin sale
Red Bottom Shoes
jordan 11 legend blue
jordans 2016
jordans 2015
new jordan shoes
coach outlet
coach outlets stores
2015 michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Cheap
Michael Kors Factory Outlet
michael kors bracelet
michael kors outlet online store 49.00 outlet
michael kors uk
Nike Air Foamposite 1
kobe shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 2015
nike free run
nike free flyknit
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
louboutin outlet
mbt canada
mbt outlet
fitflops sandals
fitflop sale
 


Post a Comment

© Boon 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates