<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9393200\x26blogName\x3dRecord+My+Mind:+Banal+Records+of+a+Pe...\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://recordmymind.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6532355751631192781', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Record My Mind: Banal Records of a Pedestrian Life

Suffering and evil overwhelm me and I stew in my own juice. 

Friday, April 22, 2005

4/22/2005 10:15:00 pm - Dashing Boon

In the name of "blog first, think later", I want to record down the 12 % or $217 discount I got from my electrician. From my mum's account, the work of the painter and electrician is quite good. I'll be verifying it tomorrow when I go to see the flat and pay the electrician. For those who don't know, I'm moving back to my humble Clementi HDB flat. I look forward to spending time there with my girlfriend, playing the guitar and reading my books. And being able to buy food downstairs. Woohoo!

Been dashing about so much lately and doing way too much (compared to the very little I used to do) in very little time. I'm so aware of all my time being spent. You know time, unlike money, can't be kept, it just slips away from you whether you want it to or not, and there's nothing you can do about it. Which brings me to the topic of time management, something I've been trying to learn lately. But more of that another day cos I digress.

I also had lunch with Irwin and Janice today. I described my conversion from anti-relationship and anti-committment Boon to being a Boon who is in a committed and monogamous relationship. Janice was shocked when I told her that I would have regretted her not being able to introduce her Japanese girlfriends to me if I was single but I don't feel that way now because "One is enough for me" and what I described was a counterfactual situation where I was single, which is not applicable in the actual world. See here for an obituary of David Lewis, a philosopher who believed in and defended real possible worlds.

She said that I don't sound like myself anymore (How is that possible? That sounds like the Persistence Question of Identity) and that I no longer live in a "spontaneous" manner. But she was impressed. I had compared my recent conversion to that of Saul to Paul.

I also had a hectic day at work. After work I rushed off for my bike lesson. I just finished my third bike lesson, which had two parts. The first part was going up and down a slope and the second part was riding through a figure of 8 course and a crank course. Surprisingly, being as blur as I was, I passed the first part of the practical lesson. Riding a bike is fun!

Now, I have to dash off to meet my girlfriend. I should start calling myself "dashing boon". And I still owe her something, she's gonna think I'm so free to put up this post but not free to do her stuff..It's coming soon Honey....

Dinner here I come!!!


Anonymous ABM said...

Hey, yeah, you really don't sound like yourself anymore. The Boon I knew last time was also very dashing! = )  


Blogger C. said...

I really can't wait to hear from the new reformed Boon.

What a change dude. Your girlfriend must be quite something for you change so much.

Hope your transition to old house goes well  


Blogger chenlili said...

2016-4-18 xiaobao
cheap oakleys
ed hardy clothing
louboutin pas cher
jordan 3 infrared
christian louboutin sale
coach factory outlet
instyler curling iron
ray ban sunglasses outlet
michael kors handbags
nike air max 90
coach outlet online
kate spade handbags
toms shoes
replica watches for sale
fitflops
louis vuitton outlet
adidas uk
michael kors outlet
adidas trainers
ralph lauren polo
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet clearance
replica watches
designer handbags
louis vuitton handbags
cheap jordans
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet
tory burch outlet
kobe bryant shoes
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin shoes
gucci outlet
louis vuitton outlet
adidas originals shoes
lebron james shoes 13
vans shoes
michael kors handbags
tiffany outlet
 


Post a Comment

© Boon 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates